AL: Melissa – Melissa officinalis
Bergamot is used in many skin care creams and lotions because of its refreshing and citrus nature. Its’ chemical makeup has antiseptic properties, which help ward off infection and aid recovery. It is a favorite oil of aromatherapists in treating depression, coughs, and is effective as an antispasmodic, reduces leg cramps and is used for restless leg syndrome. Bergamot gives Earl Grey tea its vibrant citrus aroma.
- Origin: England and France
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Plant Parts:Leaves and Flowers/Buds
- Botanical Family: Labiateae
- Chemical Families: Geranial, germacrene, neral, β-caryophyllene
- Aroma: fresh, lemony and herbaceous
- Note: Top/Middle
- Can cause sensitization and irritation if undiluted.
- Avoid use with pregnancy
Circulation: great for restless leg syndrome.
Mental/Emotional: supports emotional health and well-being, it is relaxing, restorative, calming, emotionally uplifting, supports the release of repressed emotion, and helps reduce panic attacks.
Immune system: Supports a healthy immune system.
Digestion: Boost digestive system and helps combat nausea
Avoid use with pregnancy.