Rose of Sharon Essential Oil Properties and Uses
Rose of Sharon Essential Oil Properties
plant origin: France, Spain
medicinal properties: Anti-infectious, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-hemorrhagic, anti-inflammatory, supports sympathetic nervous system, and is an immune stimulant.
traditional uses: Shepherds in biblical times frequently used Rose of Sharon for cuts and wounds.
other uses: Bronchitis, respiratory infections, coughs, rhinitis, urinary tract infections, wounds and wrinkles. It helps with hemorrhages, arthritis, and is known for elevating the emotions and calming the nerves. It helps reduce inflammation and is a neurotonic for the sympathetic nervous system.
application: Diffuse, directly inhale, or apply 2-4 drops on location.
note: Research has been done for its effects on the regeneration of cells. Known to be calming to the nerves and elevates the emotions.
uses for rose of sharon
- For arthritis, apply 1-2 drops of Rose of Sharon to affected area.
- Diffuse Rose of Sharon oil or apply to the soles of your feet for autoimmune challenges.
- Apply neat or diluted with carrier oil for inflammation.
- Stuffy nose? Try rubbing a drop or two of Rose of Sharon oil on hands, cup over nose, and inhale deeply.
- Mix Rose of Sharon with olive oil and apply to the face for wrinkles.
- Apply 4-5 drops of Rose of Sharon oil to the spine to help with infection.
- For bronchitis, dilute several drops of Rose of Sharon with carrier oil and apply to the chest area.
- To help strengthen and support the immune system, apply 2-3 drops of Rose of Sharon oil to the soles of your feet daily.