Peppermint Essential Oil Uses
Peppermint Essential Oil Uses
1. Place one drop of Peppermint Essential Oil on your tongue for bad breath or after a meal to freshen breath.
2. Peppermint relieves diarrhea or other digestive ailments, including indigestion. Place one or two drops on tummy or on tongue for instant relief. Inhaling Peppermint is also great for nausea.
3. To relieve aches all over the body, blend several drops of Peppermint essential oil with a carrier oil and massage into muscles.
4. Peppermint works wonders for headaches. Inhale deeply from an open bottle or place one or two drops of Peppermint essential oil on the temples or back of the neck.
5. Peppermint is great for recovering from jet lag. It resets your body’s clock and helps you recover quicker for a long trip.
6. Always carry Peppermint essential oil with you while traveling in a car to help prevent motion sickness. Massage several drops of Peppermint essential oil on the abdomen, place a drop on the tip of the tongue or wrists, or inhale to soothe minor stomach discomfort associated with travel.
7. For creepy crawly pests such as Silverfish and Centipedes, place several drops of Peppermint Essential Oil in places that collect moisture: basements, under cabinets, or in garages.
8. To stop ants in their tracks, wipe your cabinets with a damp sponge and 6-8 drops of Peppermint essential oil. Place several drops on windowsills, along woodwork or in corners of kitchen countertop. You can also dilute 1:1 with water in a spray bottle and use as needed. Reapply in 2-3 weeks.
9. Uninvited guests, such as mice hate Peppermint essential oil. Add several drops of Peppermint in places where you suspect mice have been.
10. For indigestion or upset stomach, place one drop of Peppermint essential oil in 1/2 glass of water to sip slowly to aid digestion.
11. Bad sunburn? Add 6-8 drops of Peppermint essential oil in the bath to cool the body in summer. It is also great in the winter for skin protection.
12. To help reduce a fever, sponge the body down with cool water that contains one drop of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Lavender essential oil each. Or, just two drops of Peppermint essential oil.
13. Stay alert behind the wheel. Place 2 drops of Peppermint essential oil on a tissue and place in front of your car’s air vent to keep you mentally alert.
14. Try dabbing a few drops of Peppermint essential oil on your face every night for the treatment of acne, pimples, insect stings, eczema and other skin infections.
15. Peppermint essential oil works great as a natural herbicide. Spray on unwanted weeds in the garden.
16. Give your feet a break! The menthol derivatives in Peppermint essential oil have traditionally been used in foot oils because of their healing smell and ability to kill bacteria and fungi. It will relax muscles, while the plant chemicals in them kill a wide range of germs and bacteria commonly found on the feet causing foot odor.
17. Massage several drops of Peppermint essential oil for an invigorating foot scrub. Combine with Lavender essential oil for a soothing massage.
18. Try Peppermint essential oil for spasms and to help reduce pain and swelling.
19. For bursitis, combine Peppermint essential oil with a carrier oil and massage in.
20. Peppermint Essential oil can be infused into chocolates or any other sweets by placing loose chocolates in a box, then placing a piece of absorbent paper with a drop of Peppermint essential oil on it. Cover and sit for a couple of days.
21. Make your own refreshing cup of Peppermint Tea, by placing a drop of Peppermint essential oil in a cup of hot tea.
22. Combine Peppermint essential oil with Lavender to help prevent colds and flu. Use only a couple of drops in a bath, massage oil or for inhalation.
23. For a deep facial cleanse, add a drop or two of Peppermint essential oil to your facial scrub or cleanser.
24. Peppermint essential oil detoxifies the liver and is an effective treatment for indigestion, irritated colon, and odorous intestinal gas.
25. Peppermint essential oil inhibits the further progress of herpes virus. Drink two cups of warm Peppermint tea during the periods when the virus is most active.