Onycha Essential Oil Properties and Uses
Onycha Essential Oil Properties and Onycha Essential Oil Uses
plant origin: China, Laos, Thailand
medicinal properties: Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antioxidant, astringent, deodorant, diuretic, expectorant, and sedative.
traditional uses: Onycha has been commonly used as an antiseptic and cleanser for cuts and wounds.
other uses: Arthritis, asthma, bleeding (slow or stop), bronchitis, chills, circulation, colic, cuts, flatulence, gout, laryngitis, mucus, nervous tension, rheumatism, skin, stomach, stress, urinary tract infection, and wounds. Good for colds, coughs and sore throats.
application: Diffuse or apply on location. Approved by the FDA for use as a food additive (FA) and flavoring agent (FL).
uses for onycha
- To help prevent infection to a cut or scrape, place a drop or two of Onycha oil on affected area.
- Place a drop of Onycha oil on a wound to help slow bleeding.
- Try using a drop under each arm as deodorant.
- For sore throats, coughs, or colds, add one drop of Onycha oil to a teaspoon to honey.
- Rub 1-2 drops of Onycha oil on the stomach for cramping or pain.
- To help with chapped or cracked skin, rub several drops on skin to speed up healing.
- For a gargle, add a few drops to four ounces of warm rice milk to help with sore throats or laryngitis.
- Mix Onycha oil with carrier oil, such as olive oil, and rub on chest to help loosen mucus and congestion.