Galbanum Essential Oil Properties and Uses
Galbanum Essential Oil Properties
plant origin: Iran
medicinal properties: Anti-infectious, analgesic, antispasmodic (light), stimulant, supports the kidneys, and helps during menstruation.
traditional uses: Galbanum was esteemed for its medicinal and spiritual properties as mentioned in Exodus 30:34. Egyptian papyri as well as ancient Roman historians record use of Galbanum for its antispasmodic, diuretic, and pain relieving properties.
other uses: Galbanum essential oil may also help with abscesses, acne, asthma, bronchitis, chronic coughs, cramps, cuts, indigestion, inflammation, muscular aches and pains, nervous tension, poor circulation, rheumatism, scar tissue, stress, wrinkles, and wounds.
application: Apply topically.
note: Though Galbanum has a low frequency, when combined with other fragrances such as Frankincense or Sandalwood, the frequency rises dramatically.
uses for galbanum
- Rub 2-3 drops of Galbanum oil on the soles of your feet to help ease cramping during menstruation.
- Apply a few drops of Galbanum essential oil on location for sore muscles. If the affected area is large, blend with a few drops of olive or mustard seed oil.
- Inhale Galbanum oil from the bottle when you need a lift.
- Trouble focusing? Try rubbing a drop or two of Galbanum oil near the temples and on the back of your neck near the brain stem. Cup hands together and breathe deeply.
- To clear up acne, apply 1 drop of Galbanum oil on blemish.
- Rub a drop of Galbanum oil on your stomach for indigestion.
- Diffuse or rub a couple of drops of Galbanum into scalp to relieve a headache.
- For kidney/bladder concerns, try rubbing a couple of drops of Galbanum oil over kidneys.