Exciting things are always happening at Aroma Hut Institute! Browse our events page to see all the new essential oil certification classes and make and take classes we have to offer.
- This event has passed.
Aromatherapy Certification Level 1 Class
June 23, 2016 - June 26, 2016$795.00
This is an intensive 4-day Aromatherapy Certification Course for those who are interested in learning the foundational principles of aromatherapy and are seeking to become qualified in the therapeutic uses of essential oils. Students will learn to confidently work with over 2o+ essential oils.
If you are currently working in the health care industry or are seeking to enhance your career in alternative or complimentary health care, this is the course for you! Many of our graduates have gone on to create essential oil retail businesses, online stores, organic and holistic body and skincare product lines and consultation services. Students will learn how to use essential oils with a hands-on interactive curriculum in a beautiful, luxurious setting. As an entry level course, no previous aromatherapy training is required. This course is open to all who want to learn more about aromatherapy.
This course has been personally tailored and written by bestselling author and Clinical Aromatherapist, Rebecca Park Totilo. Her teaching style will keep you involved with lively discussions, hands-on blending and engaging lectures.
SPACE IS VERY LIMITED. Click Here to REGISTER NOW!
Anyone may register for this class. No previous Aromatherapy training is required. There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
What Is Covered In This Course
A variety of topics will be covered concerning the many aspects of aromatherapy including: essential oil usage, the chemistry and science of aromatherapy and business practices. Other topics covered:
|Essential Oil Profiles||History of Essential Oils|
|Basic Physiology (the limbic system, lymphatic system and immune system)||Methods of Extraction|
|Interaction on Physical and Emotional Levels||Methods of Application|
|Carrier Oils||Production and Quality of Oils|
|Blending Techniques||Safety and Contraindications|
|Methods of Absorption||Consultation/Communication Skills|
|Essential Oil Chemistry and Botany||Business Skills|
- Basil (Ocimum basilicum L)
- Bergamot (Citrus bergamia)
- Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica)
- Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea)
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)
- Frankincense (Boswellia carterii)
- Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens)
- Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Lemon (Citrus limon)
- Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus)
- Myrtle (Myrtus communis)
- Peppermint (Mentha x piperita)
- Roman Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis)
- Rose (Rosa damascena)
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- Sandalwood (Santalum album)
- Spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi)
- Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis)
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata)
- Students will have confidence in the safe and therapeutic uses of essential oils.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the scope of aromatherapy practices and clear goals for an aromatherapy practice.
- Students will have a solid foundational knowledge of the therapeutic and emotional aspects of over 20 essential oils and 20 carrier oils.
- Students will know how to consult clients and evaluate which essential oils would be appropriate to use and how to use them safely and effectively.
- Students will gain experience in the creation of a variety of body care products for self-care and professional use.
- Students will be proficient in blending therapeutic products.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the chemistry of essential oils.
- Students will be able to differentiate between fragrance and essential oils, as well as define an oils’ differences based on its country of origin.
- Students will receive a Certificate upon successful completion of this course.
Graduates will be certified as aromatherapists and receive a certificate of completion. This course is approved for 30 CEU hours through NCBTMB and is accredited by NAHA.
Essential Oil Inhalers
Massage OilsRoom/Linen Sprays
Salve and Balms
Shower Gel / Shampoo
Bath sachets / Potpourri
Additionally, students receive:
- The use of over 20 different therapeutic grade, organic and wild-crafted essential oils while in class.
- A custom 375-page essential oil manual.
- List of resources for quality products and supplies.
- Information about various aromatherapy organizations and journals.
- Access to online courses for further study.
- Discounts on additional materials and kits at Heal With Essential Oil.
The Aromatherapy Certification exceeds the requirements for the “Level One – Foundation (30 hours)” set forth by The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), a self-governing body for national educational standards for aromatherapists. Upon successful completion of the Aromatherapy Certification Course, graduates may want to continue their studies with our online program Level 1 & 2 coursework for certification as a “Clinical Aromatherapist” and be qualified to sit for the Aromatherapy Registration Council exam (ARC).
Many of our students go on to:
Develop a new career in aromatherapy.
Enhance an existing health care practice through the use of essential oils.
Use essential oils for personal growth, self-care, and holistic and alternative medicine.
In order to receive the Aromatherapy Certificate, students must:
- Attend all classes (either online or in-person) and complete all quizzes and written assignments with a passing grade of 70% or higher.
- Complete case studies and consultations.
- Pay tuition in full.
If you need a payment plan for the tuition, please contact me. I am happy to work with you. Please contact Rebecca Totilo directly (please use “contact form” to register with a payment plan. Otherwise, full payment is due when you register.
Required Materials For This Course
All in-class blending supplies, including essential oils, carriers and bottles are included in the tuition. There is no need to purchase anything before the class begins. We will discuss the case studies, essential oils, and supplies needed during class.
Rebecca Park Totilo, Certified Clinical Aromatherapist & Bestselling Author of 45 books including, Organic Beauty With Essential Oil & Therapeutic Blending With Essential Oil.
How Do I Schedule Rebecca for an Event or Class?
For participation in an event or pricing for a particular class or aromatherapy certification in person training email or call (727) 688-2115. Essential oil classes can be modified to accommodate your group!