Essential Oil Recipe: July 4th Bath Salts
Celebrate the holiday with a special spa treat and show your patriotism!
What You Will Need:
3 cups of Epsom salts
3 Teaspoons of Sweet Almond Oil
9 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
1 drop of red food coloring(more if you like)
1 drop of blue food coloring
Several Jars with Lids
Color Ribbon or Raffia
Gift Tags, Candy Canes (optional)
What To Do:
- Pour one cup of bath salts into each of the three bowls.
- Add one teaspoon of almond oil into each of the three bowls.
- Add a drop of red food coloring (your choice) into one bowl; Repeat in the second bowl using blue food coloring (leave one white or blue in one bowl).
- Add three drops of peppermint essential oil into each of the three bowls. Mix well. Let sit for several hours to dry.
- To create the â€œAmerican flagâ€ layer effect, use a clean jar and alternate the red and white salts filling the jar 2/3 way.
- Add a layer of the blue bath salts then a layer of white bath salts.
- After adding the white layer, take a toothpick and slide down the side of the jar pushing the white into the blue layer to create a â€œpoint or starâ€ of white into the blue layer creating a star or wave look.Â Turn jar, and repeat using the toothpick to create stars.
- Continue to alternate blue and white bath salt layers until the jar is filled.
- Add ribbon, raffia, or other decoration to give as a gift!
Alternative Method:Â You may want to mix your food coloring, almond oil and essential oil together and blend well before adding to your bowl of salts.
If designing your flag with colored salts sounds too difficult, you may want to just alternate the red, blue, and white bath salts layers.
For more fun essential oil recipes, please visit my website http://HealWithOil.com.