Cassia Essential Oil Properties and Uses
Cassia Essential Oil Properties
plant origin: China
medicinal properties: Anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, and anticoagulant. Helps to support the immune system and the body’s natural defenses.
traditional uses: Cataracts, fungal infections (ringworm; Candida), and atherosclerosis.
application: Dilute 1 part essential oil with 4 parts carrier oil and apply one to two drops on location; diffuse; or burn in incense.
caution: This oil can be warming to the skin be sure to dilute with carrier oil. Use extreme care as it may irritate the nasal membranes if inhaled directly from diffuser or bottle.
uses for cassia
- Rub a drop or two of Cassia oil through your hair with your fingers for perfumed hair.
- Add a drop of Cassia oil to water and swish in mouth as an effective gargle mouthwash.
- Cassia oil can be used in cooking. Try adding a drop to yams or hot chocolate for a delicious treat.
- Place a drop of Cassia oil to your bottled water for fungal problems. It may also help you curb your sweet tooth!
- When your body feels a chill, add a drop of Cassia oil to hot water and sip.
- To help with boils, ringworm, and fungal infections, dilute 50% Cassia with 50% olive oil and apply on location or soles of your feet.
- Blend Cassia oil with other fragrances such as Frankincense, Hyssop, or another favorite with olive oil and apply to a handkerchief to carry with you and inhale as necessary.